10 May Job offer – ‘Climate and Biodiversity Finance’ Consultant
About Rio Impact
Rio Impact is a consulting enterprise specialized in sustainable finance to accelerate the implementation of Rio conventions on biodiversity (CBD), land (UNCCD) and climate (UNFCCC). In particular Rio Impact advises on
- Financing solutions and fundraising for Biodiversity conservation, Landscape restoration and Climate action.
- Synergies between Rio conventions at country level, through policy advice, planning processes, project design and financing.
- The development of integrated land use initiatives and projects following a landscape approach.
- A north-south co-development pathway towards an inclusive green economy.
Rio Impact is headquartered in Luxembourg. For more information: www.rioimpact.lu
Advisory services on climate and biodiversity finance
✔ Conducting studies and analyses on innovative financing mechanisms for climate and biodiversity.
✔ Organizing and delivering trainings for public and private sectors’ stakeholders.
✔ Participating in field missions in countries of operation.
Topics covered (include):
✔ Climate Finance / Carbon Finance
✔ Development of climate action projects (GCF, GEF, Adaptation Fund)
✔ Design of climate funds (climate investment fund, national climate fund)
✔ Biodiversity finance solutions
✔ Conservation Trust Funds development
✔ Impact finance, including impact fund design
✔ ESG Finance
✔ Forest finance and economics
✔ Design of national forest funds
✔ Economic valuation of ecosystems and biodiversity
✔ Corporate Social Responsibility
Duration: 6 months (with possibility of renewal), ideally for a start in June or July 2023 (exact dates to be defined with the successful candidate).
Remuneration: depending on candidate’s experience – Location: Luxembourg or remote (home-office possible).
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience gained in consulting firms and/or international cooperation projects.
- Academic background in Environmental Economics, Sustainable Finance, Environmental Sciences, at Master-level or PhD.
- Excellent knowledge of sustainable development issues (in particular: environmental finance/climate finance/biodiversity finance, climate change, biodiversity conservation, sustainable management of forests and natural resources).
- Very good writing skills and synthesis capacities; Creativity, method, attention to details, autonomy.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required (C1 level minimum). Strong command of French highly desired (C1 level minimum). Other languages such as Spanish or Portuguese (an asset).
- Experience in organizing trainings, including distance learning (an asset).
To apply: Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before May 30th, 2023.